Monday, April 4, 2016

Firsts

Yesterday we saw the epitome of lovely. I had to run out and get dog food for Bozzy (honestly right when I was supposed to be feeding him). It was gloomy, misty, COLD! And all of the sudden little Abe and I saw a full rainbow as clear as could be arching through the sky. It's the first rainbow he's ever seen. We got out of the car at the dog food store and walked across the empty parking lot together in the cold misty rain so that we could stand and gaze at the full arch. It doesn't get much more lovely then that, experiencing one of this world's most beautiful sights for the very first time with your child...

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely story and how nice that you have it recorded for posterity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I almost didn't post because I've just been so busy, but I told myself, "No, this way I'll remember the date and such."
      You and I think alike!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Rainbows are always so great, huh. This was certainly extra special though!

      Delete
  3. I just love this post! I just had my first child and I am so excited about getting to experience things like this with him. Thank you for sharing!

    M'Shell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! Keep a look out. You'll have thousands of incredible firsts, I mean they just keep going and going. And so many of them are inexplicably beautiful and priceless.

      Delete
  4. That is awesome! We love rainbows. The first time my kids saw one they were amazed and tried counting the colors in it. So glad you recorded this so you can remember. :)
    Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete