Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October Budget

We're almost a week in and I've yet to set down a spending budget for this month. Yikes! Today is the day. I've been flying by the seat of my pants for six days so back to business.

I'm setting a high spending limit for myself this month. I'm hoping to do some Christmas spending so that December isn't financially crazy. I've already had some large (for me) spending during these past six days. I want to get a few more pairs of pants, a sweatshirt, and one or two new PJ's for little Abe. Wait for it... I am going to go to a thrift store/ second hand store before I look at getting brand new clothes; inspired by the Money Secrets of the Amish book I recently read. I am NOT a fan of thrift store shopping but I'm going to give it another go. I also need cat food this month (didn't end up getting any in September), already purchased a bag of dog food, and pretty sure we're going to need shampoo and conditioner for the first time in a very long time. Don't you just hate it when your stock pile runs out!?!?

My budget for the month is $577.74 which leaves $377.78

2 comments:

  1. I have never really had any luck at thrift stores for children, but out by me we have a very large consignment sale that takes place 2 weeks of the year at a local fair grounds and it is only childrens items. I have gotten clothes with the store tags still on for less than a dollar, shoes that were unworn, toys, furniture, you name it. You should check and see if there is one close to you. It is called the Bugaboo Sale here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a great fan of charity shops (which are probably our equivalent of your thrift stores) but they do need persistence. It takes persistence to go through the racks and persistence to go back another time and another time etc when you don't find what you need.

    ReplyDelete