Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September spending plan (I know, how exciting)

Worry does not keep it from raining tomorrow, but it does keep it from being sunny today.
-Shannon L. Alder
The number one key I've found essential in trying to spend less, live frugally and pay off debt is to have a plan, oh and to stick to the plan. I will be the first to admit that sticking to a plan or a set of goals is very difficult for me (but I'm sure I'm not alone in that struggle). However, it all starts with having a plan in place. I think, like the quote above, today I will focus on doing well with whatever plan I've put in place, no need to worry or fret about the days to come and tomorrow will be a new day.

September has arrived!
My spending budget for the month is $513.62
I plan to purchase a bag of cat food this month (est. $25)
possibly a few Christmas presents (est. $40)
A dinner at a restaurant (est. $30)
And today I bought the new pan I put in the budget ($16.68)
That leaves $100.48 to spend on groceries and whatever else each week this month.
^ That's the plan.

Spending rundown today: $16.68 on a new pan. I was hoping to find one on clearance and today I did. Instead of a teflon pan this time I bought a ceramic one. I've never used a ceramic pan so I hope I like it. I took out $6 to give to my sister for a book that we're going half/ half on. I spent $19.23 on groceries.

My budget for the month is $513.62 which leaves $471.71

Average daily spending for 2015: $18.01

I already marked a few things off my September list.
I signed my baby up for swimming lessons yesterday (starts in two weeks).
Little Abe and I (mostly him) made the thank-you card for my brother yesterday and put it in the mailbox today.
I got one of the dogs almost completely groomed so that's half way there on that one (SOOO much work!).

Happy September everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. I like that quote - I am TERRIBLE at that - when I was working I would ruin my whole Sunday because I was focused on how much I didn't want to go to work on Monday....Need to be less of an Eeyore!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems in some areas I'm getting much much better at not worrying and then worry is creeping up in other areas instead. This quote is a reminder to myself that worry is horrible!

      Delete
  2. How lovely for Abe to have made the card himself. Cards made by children are WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really precious. You know that saying it's better to give then to receive, well I think my child will have been much more in love with his card then my brother will be upon receiving it. It was really cute though :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, I hope he appreciates it - there is NOTHING I like better or appreciate more than something that was handmade especially for me. Being someone who makes a lot of gifts, I know how much work goes into things, even thank you cards, and it means so much to me knowing someone took the time to make something for me.

      Delete
    3. I do think he will be kind of surprise and touched to get a card from little Abe but I'm not sure he'll like it as much as the little guy who made it. Haha, he put a lot of effort into it.

      Delete