Tuesday, April 7, 2015

2015, First Quarter Goals

I wasn't going to post "New Year's Resolutions" or even 2015 goals because I just can't stick to anything for an entire year. I look back at my goals once the year's flown by and at least in my own eyes I end up looking a bit like a failure. None the less my mind has been racing with things I want to accomplish this year, goals, plans, yep New Year's resolutions. I decided to make some first quarter goals instead. I can handle focusing on a thing for three months. That's probably about my attention span limit anyhow. Come the second quarter I'll reassess and see where I am then instead of waiting 12 months and ending up with a big oops, I forgot.


The first quarter of 2015 has come and gone. Yep, we're a quarter through the year now. My goals were as follows.

1. Learn 10 Irish words/ phrases: I learned one but that's okay it was a fun goal
-1. Dia Duit
2. Bake 10 new recipes: Mission accomplished
- 1. Banana walnut muffins
- 2. A loaf of cheese bread
- 3. Brownies with frosting
- 4. Sourdough bread
- 5. Walnut Tassies
- 6. Apple Tassies
- 7. Citrus cupcakes
- 8. Cinnamon roll cake
- 9. Lemon cake with lemon frosting
-10. Pretzels3. Read 4 books: Yep, read 5 (even though three were kids books)
- 1. "Dreamers and Deceivers" Glenn Beck
- 2. "Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims" Rush Limbaugh
- 3. "Rush Revere and the First Patriots" Rush Limbaugh
- 4. "St. Patrick of Ireland" Philip Freeman

- 5. "Rush Revere and the American Revolution" Rush Limbaugh

4. Not cut my hair: This was my easy one. Done!

5. Clean out the basement: I did not finish everything on my list BUT the basement is a hundred times better than it was so this is also a mission accomplished first quarter goal.
This might take me more than three months but it's a goal. Our basement is just a spidery mess of other people's stuff that I need to go through, get rid of, and clean up. I'd like it to not have anything we don't need or use.
-Go through hubby's grandparent's and hubby's dad's stuff and if it needs to be kept it needs to belong somewhere (other than the basement)
-Get rid of the garbage/ damaged stuff from the flood
-Get rid of the mattress
-Get rid of the boards
-Get rid of the paint cans
-Clear out my mom and sister's stuff
-Clear out Jessika's stuff
-Give Dave's huge fan back
-Scrape up the old paint on the floor
-Wash the floor
-Clean the walls
-Move the ping pong table to other side
-Move the tool and dye stuff (grandpa's) to tool room
I'd like it to be a place little Abe can ride his bike around in and where we can do art projects (and for it to not be gross)

6. Only spend every other day/ 45 NO SPEND days: 10 days short on this one.
- 35 so far
7. Build the emergency fund back up: Yes and then no.
- $1000 (for several weeks at least)

Now it's time for second quarter goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment