Thursday, February 5, 2015

This and That

I've filed the taxes. Woohoo!

I'm falling behind on my no spend average. I'm shooting for an every other day no spend average. I came pretty close last month but this month I just keep picking up little things here and there. We're 36 days into the year and I'm at 13 no spends. That puts me 5 days behind. Okay, so that's not so bad but it's not good either.

As for the rest of my first quarter goals for the year I'm doing great with the "bake ten new things one." I'm at seven now. But I need to step it up on the other goals: learn some Irish, read some books, and clean out the basement. In fairness though the basement looks awesome but as far as the list I outlined for the basement clean up goes, I've hardly anything marked off of it. So I need to address that list on top of all the cleaning, de-cluttering, de-junking, de-spider webbing I've done so far. The last goal: get $1500 into the emergency fund, we'll see. I should be able get that in there after the tax refund but we plan that every year and... we'll see. The easy one, dadada, I have not cut my hair. That goal should be cake.

And Friday is round the bend!!! I'm starting little Abe on his first day of homeschool preschool tomorrow. He is still only 2 so it will be a test run/ fun learning with mommy/ pretty laid back go at preschool BUT I've got big plans so I'm excited. During the first weekend of March there's a free sheep shearing day event at a local farm. It will also incorporate demonstrations on how wool is used by local fiber artists. Abe and I are going to be working on counting, letters, music, memorization, colors, and really fun crafts all surrounding sheep for the next few weeks. I'm now scrambling to get neat books about sheep from tons of neighboring libraries transferred to ours so we can read them together this month. Plus I will be incorporating social time into his preschool adventures so I need to start setting up at least weekly play dates for my little guy. (That will probably be one of his favorite parts of his little guy at home preschool)

Average daily spending for 2015: $18.37





6 comments:

  1. I think you are doing fantastic so far this year - 13 no spend days are amazing!!!

    I'm very proud of our 4 days of not eating out - and.....truth be told, the only money we have spent at all in the last 4 days is filling up hubby's car with gas! I have actually cooked the last couple of nights with my son so believe it or not, that has been fun. (I HATE to cook, so never thought I would say that) but unfortunately it won't last because he has work & school, but I sure enjoyed it while he was here!

    I think the preschool is a brilliant idea - get him to enjoy school early, and the more he is around other kids, the better prepared socially he will be when he does start school. My nephew (who is almost 30 now) was babysat by his grandmother so never around other kids & when he started school he was AWFUL - he would kick the teacher, hit other kids, just didn't know how to interact with them - they would drop him off and then have to pick him up 20 minutes later.....he doesn't do that now in the military though :)

    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are doing great! I'm glad you had fun cooking with your son but I hope you can find some way to enjoy or at least tolerate cooking. Geesh that's a dilemma... hey four days in a row though! You're doing great.

      Delete
  2. Hi there from a frugal gal in South Norfolk, England. Sounds like you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would love to be one of your playdates!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, please, please! I would love to see all of you WAY more than we do! I'm so happy when Abner is playing with your kiddos. It's just the best!

      Delete