Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Shopping

Today was grocery shopping day. I'm planning no spends for tomorrow and Wednesday. I'll make chili today. We'll eat leftovers tomorrow and then tacos on Wed. I went to the store with my list hoping to spend $45 and came away spending $48.55 on a $60.66 bill. I saved $12.11 with coupons, sales, and a $5 store reward and I earned another $10 in store rewards for my next shopping trip. That will make Thursday's shopping total pretty low. I didn't buy anything that wasn't on my list so I guess I did pretty good. I also think I have enough toilet bowl cleaner and dish soap to last for several months now. I picked up a pack of dust masks for my basement cleaning project. Between the decades old layers of dust in some spots, hiding mold spurs, and who knows what kind of paint I'm chipping off the floor I decided to stop deep cleaning until I picked up some masks.

Now I must make chili, get my kid down for a nap, and head off to work. Maybe I'll get a little cleaning in and hopefully I won't eat all the bread before all is said and done. Happy Monday everyone!

Average daily spending for 2015: $17.28

Oh yeah, clementine marmalade on cheese bread is very tasty   : )

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know yours is mostly over but I hope it was nice!

      Delete
  2. That looks one rally good shopping trip especially when you say " I didn't buy anything that wasn't on my list." That's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sticking to the list is always an accomplishment in itself!

      Delete