Saturday, November 15, 2014

15 / 60

I'm a bit behind on the Christmas card making but I think it's coming along well. My cards have slightly evolved. I'm really enjoying making them even if I may be spending an absurd amount of time doing so. Every new card I make is my favorite yet. That helps keep me motivated. I have about three versions now that I really like. This is one of the three.



I'm using buttons from my Grandmother's button tin that I've had in my basement for several years now. So I've included a little note on the back of each card letting people know that my Grandmother has had a part in this year's holiday greeting.

At present I'm using old buttons, a stock pile of thread and scrap booking paper, I have at least 15 blank white cards and envelopes and I've purchased 50 more for only $9.99. Each card this Christmas should end up costing me about 70 cents and that includes the postage stamp. I think I've done quite well. I'm not factoring in the postage for the buttons that will be traveling to the UK, Sweden, and the Philippines so that might boost the average a few cents per card. Still, that's a lot cheaper than buying boxed cards at the store. Yay!

Along the same lines, I've sent out only one Thanksgiving note thus far but I'll be getting more out this week. AND I've received one Thanksgiving card this year :) It absolutely made my day and it traveled quite far to reach me, it crossed an ocean in fact and was sent by someone who doesn't even celebrate Thanksgiving. How absolutely delighted I am! Thank-you my friend :-)

6 comments:

  1. Very cute card! I am going yo be making a few just for close family as well. I don't have time to do all. Maybe next year, I can get a head start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely got a head start this year. I don't know if I'll get as many cards made as I'd hoped to but I'm happy to be moving right along with them.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this card! You should think about going into the card making business for next year- the ones you have shown so far are all wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to know I made your day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete