Sunday, June 8, 2014

Family Fun Day

Today is going to be difficult as far as spending goes. We all feel like we're starting a brand new chapter. Today begins the very first page. My husband has today and tomorrow off before he starts at the new location. He hasn't had a Sunday off (maybe 2 or 3 for special occasions) in the 15 years he's been at his place of employment. He wants to have a fun family day today and I'm not going to say a word about spending or not spending. I think it'd almost be evil of me to do so and rain on his parade in that sort of way. I will be trying to limit any spending that might take place with subtle comments. I've gotten pretty good at that. He doesn't seem to mind the subtle comments just full on restrictions.

Please do wish me luck! I'd planned today as a no spend. I'm still hoping to get the yearly average to $17.50 a day this month but there's very little straying from the budget allowed in order to make that happen. Today could be a killer but I think we can responsibly pull it off and still all enjoy each others company.

Hubby is almost done with his shower. I need to get some pants on little Abe. We're heading out for a morning stroll around town and then from there...

You can consider this blog post my early morning self control booster/ pep talk.
LETS GO!

(I'm pretty sure there is going to be a flurry somewhere within the lines of this chapters first page)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It ended up being really simple fun/ nothing really special but we had a blast.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your day. Enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete